Iron Chef Products - Recipes
Stir Fried Sesame Garlic Vegetables with Rice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice (long grain)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus (trimmed & cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 Tablespoons Iron Chef Sesame Garlic Sauce
- *You can also use frozen stir fry vegetables (defrosted) for a quick solution.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a saucepan combine broth, rice and margarine. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Place sesame seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add asparagus, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but crisp.
- Stir in Iron Chef Sesame Garlic sauce and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over the rice.